I'm pleased to say that I have been selected as a member of the Teach the Future Advisory Board – actually, the Teach the Future Adult Advisory Board. Here's the detail of the application process and the rationale for its work.
I'm glad to have made the cut – especially as its make-up is so broad. Very few usual suspects (like me), but a wide range of experience and interests. These include:
- a BAFTA award-winning TV director
- a head of policy and communications at a Chartered Institute
- a founder / director of a carbon-reduction company
- a university-based teacher educator
- a head of schools and youth outreach at an environmental NGO
- a consultant in the clean energy sector
- an educational manager at an environmental education centre
- a climate activist and researcher on eco-anxiety; as well as ...
- a retired jobbing professor (me)
There are three students who are permanent members of the group, and five others who will attend by rotation. We're all looking forward to it.