Work will be taking place on bridges and track in Somerset, North Somerset and South Bristol as follows:
- Refurbishment of Huntspill viaduct
- Refurbishment of river Brue bridge (Highbridge)
- Replacement of Accommodation Road Bridge, Bleadon, near Weston-super-Mare (work continues until 9 December)
This work is essential maintenance to ensure the continued safe and reliable running of the railway and involves working 24/7 throughout the six-day period.
For more information about the work please go to: www.networkrail.co.uk/huntspill
From 18 – 23 September:
- No trains can stop at stations between Bristol Temple Meads and Taunton.
- Trains between London Paddington and Weston-super-Mare/Taunton will start/terminate at Bristol Temple Meads.
- Trains between Cardiff Central and Taunton will also start/terminate at Bristol Temple Meads.
- Trains will run between Taunton and Penzance.
- CrossCountry trains will divert via an alternative route between Bristol Temple Meads and Taunton, extending journeys.
- Buses are planned to replace trains between Bristol Temple Meads and Taunton.
- Tickets will be accepted on local First West of England buses, and CrossCountry trains.