I am very delighted to write the first post.
First of all, here are some recent developments the University has achieved internationally. We’ll be discussing some of them in the future posts.
- The University’s new International Strategy was adopted by Council on the 26th February 2015. If you want to meet in person and discuss aspects of the Strategy, please get in touch with me.
- The new IRO section introduces who we are and what we do. Further developments to the University website will soon be underway to create and update content to reflect our new international direction.
- We have created a new IRO wiki. This self-help source can help you find information about our recruitment, mobility and partnerships activities, including advice on international travel and guidelines on hosting visitors to detailed briefings on our Strategic Partners.
- I am very delighted to announce we have received a Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards nomination for Outstanding International Strategy.
We’ve also recently hosted a number of high-profile events.
- Professor Colin Grant, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Internationalisation) greeted TUM’s Senior Vice President Professor Hana Milanov to build closer ties between the two universities to explore future collaborations.
- The Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor hosted an alumni event in New York and were joined by Bath alumni and friends from across the United States.
- We celebrated the Year of Mexico in the UK and the UK in Mexico by visiting our partners in Mexico and hosting a Mexico Day on campus. It highlighted our strong engagement with Mexico in research, student exchange and recruitment.
- The Dean of Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) led a major delegation to Brazil to discuss research and funding opportunities with our Strategic Partners.
We plan to post regularly about specific initiatives and activities taking place on campus and overseas by members of the IRO. So, please stay tuned.