Progress to Date
Despite recent wet weather conditions, the project is still on schedule.
- Construction of level 5 has been completed; work on level 6 is now underway and good progress is being made
- Both north and south concrete stairs have been installed
- With the completion of the concrete frame due within the next 4 weeks, ‘Crane 1’ has been removed in preparation
- Internal partitions have started up to level 3, and first fix mechanical and electrics have progressed to level 2
- Construction of the building’s façade continues:
- Installation of the windows to the east block are complete to level 3
- Elevator platforms have been added to the north and west scaffolding to allow façade works to proceed in these areas.
- The atrium steel was installed as planned in readiness for level 6 roof and the installation of atrium glazing.
The Office of Policy and Planning are continuing to consult with the final users of the building to refine detailed requirements and furniture procurement.
Health and Safety
Extra measures and precautions remain in place relating to construction vehicles, and movements are monitored to ensure safety standards are maintained. These include measures such as banksmen who are helping vehicles to safely leave the site.
A secondary access to the site has been formed to help with deliveries and safe movement of vehicles.
There have been no injuries or accidents and the team are achieving exemplary levels of safety.
The noise levels will continue at the same level as they have been in the previous month.
Did you know…?
To stop rainwater from making its way down through the building and damaging the structure or causing problems, the construction team have used the existing service holes in the floor to install a temporary drainage system which guides water out of the construction site safely!