Progress to date
We are pleased to report the project is still on schedule
- The concrete frame is now completed together with the atrium stairs which has allowed the crane to be removed from site.
- As can be seen from the site, the majority of the windows are in and the larger glazing panels should be completed over the next couple of months. A number of openings have been left to assist in material deliveries.
- The roofing works are now well advanced and due for completion during October. A separate temporary crane will be used to get the final materials to the roof. The aim is for the roof to be water tight in late October.
- Internal partitioning works and M&E installations are progressing up to Level 4.
- Raised access floors and plastering is well underway on all floors.
We are continuing to hold meetings with the end users of the building; members of the Department of Psychology have visited the site and they were very impressed with the progress.
Health & Safety
There have been no accidents and regular reviews continue to ensure a safe environment for those working on site and pedestrians passing by.
Noise will continue at the same level as in previous months.
Did you know…?
We have over 5 miles of various types of pipework within the building, with 40 engineers working on it.