Omniboules - season opens May 10th - come join us

Posted in: Sports and Activities

At long last Spring has sprung and the boules season is here. Omniboules – the University of Bath boules team - will be playing in the Bath League de Petanque again, thanks to funding by Omnibus, the Staff Society. The first match is this coming Tuesday 10th May in Queen Square in Bath, with play starting at 6pm. This will feature friendly matches, alongside nibbles and drinks (cheese, salami, pastis) and entertainment. In previous years this has been a really fun occasion, so if you are free please come along. No special clothing, footwear or knowledge of the game are required, but festive berets, blousons, baguettes, strings of onions etc are all appreciated.

In each match we field a team of three players, and we should play 3 matches during an evening, so up to nine people can get the chance to play. If there are more than nine of us, I’m happy to stay with the pastis and salami while cheering you on.

If you hope to attend on the 10th, please email me M.B.Reed@bath.ac.uk so I know who to expect. We should find each other and sign in at 5.45pm, play starts at 6pm (let me know if you’ll arrive later).

I have updated the Omniboules website:

http://people.bath.ac.uk/mbr20/boules/

including a link to information about the 2016 season, received today from the League Organisers.

In addition to playing in Queen Sq, we can have lunchtime practices at Claverton Community Hall, in good weather. I’ll send an email next week about this.

The next League meeting, when the serious matches start, is the following Tuesday 17th May; the meetings thereafter are every Tuesday fortnight. If you are emailing me about the 10th, and can also advise on your availability for the 17th, please do so. Note that spouses, partners, colleagues, friends are all welcome to join in. If you are not yet on the omniboules mail-list, let me know and I’ll add you.

Posted in: Sports and Activities