Join our first Pollinator Working Group

Posted in: Local and civic engagement, Staff and Student Community Opportunities

Fancy getting stuck in and doing some gardening during your lunch break? Then come and join our first few Pollinator Garden working groups!

Everyone is welcome - staff and students. Sessions are currently planned for:

June 6th from 11- 1pm (feel free to attend for all or part)
June 7th from 11- 12pm

We will meet at the 5 South Landscape Office where the Estates team will give us a quick induction and supply us with tools. We'll then walk up to the Parade to the location of the first bed we're tackling through this project.

If you plan to join us part-way through a session then we'll be in the garden down the steps next to the Parade bar - please email me and I will send you my mobile number in case you need it to find us! 

Please do bring your own gardening gloves if you have a pair that fit you well and you love - but don't worry if not as Estates have reassured me they have enough for everyone. But do come prepared to do digging, clearing and hacking back because these first sessions are all about getting the space cleared ready to plant in a few weeks time.

Really looking forward to seeing you all in person!
Katrina 

• Hi Katrina- I won't be able to come to these sessions as I am running a field course, but I would very much like to attend future sessions. Thanks for this!

• Hi Katrina, I can't make these sessions unfortunately, but would be interested in discussing pollinators - I've done a fair amount of work on bumblebees, butterflies, moths and their foraging preferences, and hope that I might be able to contribute something useful! Chris.