I took the Guardian / Observer science quiz at Christmas, and scored a miserable 8 out of 20. Mind you, the questions had a lot to do with popular culture which never seems to be my strong suit these days (if it ever was). Here are a few of the questions I got wrong (even though they were multiple choice):
- Which Orange prize-winning author took ecstasy during a Channel 4 investigation into its supposed therapeutic uses?y
- Which supermodel impressed Brian Cox with her knowledge of quantum physics at a showbiz soiree?
- Which reality show judge had one of their songs played on Mars?
- Which arcade game character did Nasa scientists find on Tethys, the fifth largest of Saturn’s moons?
- What did researchers from the University of Wisconsin discover drove men’s friendships with women?