ECER-ing in Porto

I am at the ECER conference in Porto – my last.  This is the first full meeting of the new Network 30 – environmental and sustainability education research, which has been guided into existence by the commendable Per Sund.

The network is full to bursting, so much so that there have to be parallel sessions to allow everybody to have their day – that was supposed to be 'say', but ... .  All good evidence, you might think, of pent-up demand and a network whose time has come.   I think that this may well be the case, though we should wait for the next conference, in Budapest (2015), before really thinking it so.  It is possible that many attending the network may well be regular ECER-goers who, up to now, have had to squeeze their interests into other networks.  If so, then a consequence of Network 30 might be some loss of diffusion, and hence influence on other disciplines which would be a pity, as it is always good to talk to others as well as ourselves.  It is reassuring, therefore, to see some joint network sessions surviving in the programme.

• I'd love to hear more about how this goes, especially around the goals/members/agendas of this new network.