New madness from UNESCO

I see that UNESCO, bored with having to sort out ESD's contradictions, is trying to invent a new acronym:

ECCAR – Education for climate change awareness and resilience

This is less catchy than a dose of flu, and about as welcome.  It all came out of COP24369 in Morocco last year (something I confess not to have focused my mind fully on).  If you can bear it, you can read all about it here.

Meanwhile, as a guide for the unwary, this is what we missed:

The top feature of the day will be a high-level panel debate entitled “Education—A key driver to scale-up climate action” (1.15pm to 2.45pm, Pacific Room, Blue Zone), in which UNESCO’s Director-General Irina Bokova, HRH Princess Lalla Hasnaa of Morocco, President of the Mohammed VI Foundation for Environmental Protection, Rachid Benmokhtar Benabdallah, Minister of National Education and Vocational Training of Morocco, Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Patricia Espinosa and a number of education ministers, will examine ways for education to enhance the implementation of the climate agenda and Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs, which describe greenhouse gas emissions reductions agreed under the UNFCCC). ...

I wonder if anyone ever holds low-level panel debates?  Maybe those are the ones I was occasionally invited to sit on ...