Author: Prof. Alexander Wright -
Congratulations to alumni and staff from the University of Bath who have been selected for the Architects' Journal prestigious ’40 Under 40’ list, published in December 2020!
It’s a significant achievement to be included in this list of the UK’s top young architects, which has been compiled by the Architects' Journal for the first time since 2005.
The Architects' Journal (AJ) describes the list as celebrating architecture’s “brightest up-and-coming talent” aged under the age of 40. The 2020 cohort was chosen by a jury selected by the AJ and comprising of the following jurors:
- Emily Booth AJ editor and Chair of the panel
- Lesley Lokko, architect and academic
- Oliver Wainwright, architecture and design critic (The Guardian)
- Sarah Wigglesworth (Sarah Wigglesworth Architects)
- Anna Liu (Tonkin Liu)
I welcomed the news and congratulated all those included in the list.
“It’s wonderful to see so many people associated with our department recognised in this way. We’ll be inviting all those from Bath to contribute to our evening lecture series in semester 2, which will be a chance for all our current students to hear from them directly”.
Those on the list from the University of Bath are:
- Ann-Marie Fallon (Lecturer)
- Elyse Howell-Price (Studio Tutor and BSc Arch 2004-8, MArch 2009-11 Part 3 2012-13)
- Shankari Raj (Studio Tutor)
- Chloe Phelps (Head of Design at Common Ground and BSc Arch 1999-2003, MArch 2003-5)
- Carlos Sanchez (Sanchez Benton Architects and BSc Arch 2001-5)
- Je Ahn (BSc Arch 2001-5)
The full list is available here.