International Research Accelerator Scheme – extraordinary funding call now open
Deadline: 5pm, Wednesday 25 May 2016
We are delighted to announce an extraordinary call for applications to the University’s 2015-16 International Research Funding Schemes. The ‘International Research Accelerator Scheme’ supports larger scale research activity, such as the organisation of interdisciplinary and multi-partner workshops or symposia. Successful applications will be expected to lead to a number of concrete, high quality research outputs, including external funding bids and joint publications.
The call is open to all disciplines in the faculties and the school.
A total of up to eight awards of a maximum of £15,000 each will open for applications until 5pm Wednesday 25 May 2016.
Details of our Strategic Partners can be found on the website.
Professor Colin Grant, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Internationalisation)
Professor Jonathan Knight, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research)
Eligibility: Academic staff in Education and Research job family (and Research Officers)
Key assessment criteria: A clearly articulated plan for the step change in scholarly activity with concrete outputs detailing:
- academic rigour
- clear articulation of the sustainable development of the relationship
- leveraging critical mass at Department/ Faculty or Institutional level
- plans for creating impact that enhances our institutional reputation
- preparation and delivery of joint bids and publications in excellent, high-citation outlets
- planning and organisation of larger-scale research activities (workshops, symposia, conferences)
- commitments to leveraging or attracting clearly identified external funding at an appropriate scale
- commitments to interdisciplinary and/or multipartner research activities
- value for money
- strategic fit with University's International Strategy
Application forms and assessment criteria are available.
Alternatively, please visit the International Relations Office wiki pages where you will also be able to find details of other internal and external international funding sources.
For further information, please contact Katja Nieminen, International Partnerships Manager.