We are looking for three new members to join our friendly and active committee.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our engaged committee of staff and PGRs! We are currently recruiting for:
- Academic Staff Representative
- PGR Representative
Please read the role descriptions below and email Sophie via email@example.com for more information or if you would like a chat.
Academic Staff Representative
- Attend committee meetings (usually every couple of months)
- Act as a voice for academic staff on the committee.
- Engage with academics within the university who research LGBT+ topics.
- Keep up-to-date with academic events within the UK and beyond with an LGBT+ focus and share with the committee.
- Roughly 2 hours per month time investment
- Represent other PGR students who identify as LGBT+ on committee, at Kaleidoscope events, and at university events
- Help to plan and host PGR-only events
- Actively encourage PGR students to join the group and attend events
- Liaise with the SU’s LGBT+ PGR representative
- Get involved with Doctoral College Events, such as induction events for new PGR students
- Roughly 3 hours per month time investment
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support other co-chair to motivate the committee in planning events and being engaged with LGBT+ events across the university
- Organise committee meetings on a regular basis to plan events and discuss Kaleidoscope business
- Email the membership with updates about upcoming events and opportunities to get involved with Kaleidoscope
- Maintain mailing lists
- Maintain the public email account and respond to emails received
- Maintain links with HR Culture and Inclusion department
- Maintain positive relationships with other relevant groups across the university, including Careers, Student Wellbeing, the SU, etc.
- Represent Kaleidoscope at the University’s EDI Network
What do Kaleidoscope do?
As a social group we run monthly on campus meetups and regular socials. We were also responsible for holding the first ever Campus Pride in 2021. We also work closely with Rajani Naidoo, Vice-President (Community & Inclusion), and the University’s Culture and Inclusion team on issues that affect LGBT+ people who work and study here.
If you’re interested in finding out more, email Sophie via firstname.lastname@example.org.