Spring has well and truly sprung in Bath, and with it a range of exciting new starts. This includes a fresh brood of everyone’s favourite campus residents – the ducklings!

We recently welcomed back the classes of 2020 and 2021 for the first of our rescheduled graduation ceremonies. It was fantastic to see so many Bath grads celebrating with family and friends and to officially welcome them to our alumni community.

We’ve also launched Parade Profiles, a new series of alumni case studies. You can read them weekly on our blog, and if you’d like to share your own story, we’d love to hear from you.

Updates

Outstanding results for Bath in REF 2021
92% of Bath research submitted to the Research Excellence Framework 2021 has achieved the two highest classifications of ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’. Tell me more >>

Bath is one of the best places in the world to study sport
For the second year running, we have been named in the top 10 of the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022.
Tell me more >>

University spin-out receives nationally acclaimed award
CiteAb, along with alumni-founded Storm Consultancy, is a winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise. Tell me more >>

Bath to lead new research into greener fuels
New research into UK take-up of hydrogen and alternative low-carbon fuels is set to begin this spring, with the aim of building a national Centre of Excellence. Tell me more >>

Institute of Coding launches free introductory digital skills course
Your Digital Pathway, developed in collaboration with our corporate partner Santander and Durham University’s TechUP initiative, offers 50,000 places for UK residents.
Tell me more >>

Inaugural Enterprise Day held on campus
The event focused on creating a green and resilient future through enterprise and innovation. It brought together students, alumni, researchers, entrepreneurs and representatives from larger organisations. Tell me more >>

Research@Bath newsletter
The latest edition includes news and updates from across the University's research sector. I want to sign up >>

Vacancies

Head of Philanthropy (x4)
Based within the Department of Development & Alumni Relations, you will take responsibility for fundraising within a specific theme, including Student Support, Sustainability, Health & Wellbeing, and Digital. I want to apply >>

Business Development Manager (fixed-term role)
This position is a core part of the University's 'Sport at Bath' approach, providing capacity to identify, coordinate and deliver related initiatives. I want to apply >>

Find out what it's like to work with us
Molly, Deputy Director & Head of Alumni Engagement, shares her highlights of 13 years at Bath and what lies in store for the future. Tell me more >>

Events

Business and Human Rights for Big Tech: What Works? –
Weds 18 May, 2pm (BST)

This webinar from Bath's Centre for Business, Organisations and Society and the Geneva Center for Business and Human Rights will explore issues surrounding human rights and technology companies. I want to register >>

British Embassy in Stockholm Alumni Reception –
Weds 18 May, 4.30pm (CEST)

Hosted by the Deputy Ambassador, this event offers alumni in Sweden the opportunity to network and reconnect, as well as to hear from the British Council about the new UK Alumni Network launching this year. I want to register >>

Brussels Alumni Drinks – Weds 18 May, 6pm (CEST)
Join University of Bath alumni, placement students and the Bristol & Bath Brussels Office for drinks in the Belgian capital. I want to register >>

School of Management Book Series: Idiosyncratic Deals at Work –
Thurs 26 May, 10am (BST)

Join author Yasin Rofcanin, Professor in Strategy and Organisation, as he discusses personalised work arrangements and their implications with School Dean, Professor Steve Brammer.
I want to register >>

Dean's Series: Climate Communication – Weds 31 May, 4pm (BST)
Dr Margaret Heffernan talks to Professor Lorraine Whitmarsh MBE about how the public engages with climate change, energy and transport, and how we can progress. I want to register >>

Postgraduate Virtual Open Day – Weds 8 June, 11am (BST)
A day of webinars and online chatrooms to help you find out more about studying for a master's or doctoral degree at Bath. I want to register >>

Online AGM of Convocation – Mon 20 June, 1pm (BST)
All Bath alumni are invited to join us for this virtual AGM of Convocation, which is an opportunity to hear from the Vice-Chancellor on developments at the University. I want to register >>

Posted in: Bath, Newsletter