Information and FAQs for the Project Steering Group

Posted in: EngD, Research Project, Steering Group

I have now started recruiting for members to join the research project steering group I am setting up. Below you will find the key information and a list of frequently asked questions about the steering group.

Join a steering group to guide the development of a project exploring a new technology for people with dementia

I am looking for people who have a diagnosis of dementia and live at home or carers who are interested in guiding a research project involving a new technology.

• Meetings will be held every 6-8 weeks until October 2021
  • Each meeting will last 2.5 hours
  • The last 30 minutes of the meeting will be dedicated to informal social time for group members to share their experiences with each other
  • Lunch and tea/coffee will be provided
  • Each member will receive a £20 high-street voucher for each session they attend to contribute towards travel expenses

The first meeting will be held before 20th April and will be between 11:30 and 14:00.

If you are interested in taking part, I would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact myself or one of my supervisors using the details at the bottom of the page. All details will be received in confidence.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are a list of FAQs I have received since I first advertised the opportunity on social media.

How many members do I want to have?

I am hoping to have between 4 and 8 members in the group.

Where will meetings be held?

Meetings will be held on the University of Bath campus. I or one of my colleagues will meet you at the car park before walking over to the meeting room.

Click here for a map to the University of Bath.

Are travel expenses covered?

I am only able to provide one £20 high-street store voucher per member per session as a contribution towards travel expenses.

How can I find out more about the project?

Please get in touch with myself or one of my supervisors using the contact details below. We will send you an information sheet with more details about taking part. We will also be very happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Name of Postgraduate Student Researcher: Thomas Williams
Email: tjw44@bath.ac.uk
Phone: 01225 824103

Name of Supervisor (University of Bath): Dr Elies Dekoninck
Email: e.a.dekoninck@bath.ac.uk
Phone: 01225 384029

Name of Supervisor (Designability): Dr Hazel Boyd
Email: hazelboyd@designability.org.uk
Phone: 01225 824106

Learn more about my project on Designability's website