A stretch of Claverton Down Road from the main University entrance to Brassknocker Hill is closed today for resurfacing. Buses are using the normal route but all access to private vehicles is being denied.
Work should be completed by 6.30pm but may still have an effect later as traffic flow returns to normal.
The roadway by the 10 West entrance is being resurfaced on Friday 22 April from 7am - 5pm. During this time the pedestrian route from the car park to the University will be diverted via the 10W steps and along past 8W. An accessible route avoiding the steps will be signposted.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
On Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 April necessary works are being carried out on Claverton Hill Road to clear trees which pose a hazard to road users. In order for the team to work safely the road will be closed from the entrance to the Museum down to Claverton Hill from 9am until 4pm on both days.
The Security Team are pleased to announce the installation of three new electric vehicle charging points in the West car park, near the new 10 West building. The charging points are ready for immediate use.
April is the final month in which we are holding Departmental Open Days on campus. They are on the following days:
- Wednesday 6 (six departments)
- Thursday 7 (two departments)
- Wednesday 13 (five departments)
- Thursday 14 (one department)
- Wednesday 20 (five departments)
Please be aware that on the dates with more departments participating parking on campus may become challenging.
Read the original post on Departmental Open Days creating substantial extra demand for parking.
A full closure of the railway between Bath and Bristol is planned between Saturday 2 and Sunday 10 April 2016. Keynsham and Oldfield Park stations will be closed and rail services suspended. During the closure period rail replacement services will be provided by Great Western Railway.
We have received the following information from our Transport Manager:
- All rail replacement buses will leave from bay 15 and 16 inside the bus station. When station is closed buses will leave from directly in front the station.
- No bikes (except fold up) or dogs will be allowed (except guide dogs).
- The buses will not run to meet connections, but there will be approximately five per hour.
- One bus per hour will stop at Oldfield Park and Keynsham.
- Journeys time off-peak will be 40 minutes and 50 minutes at peak times. It will take 10 extra minutes if stopping at Oldfield Park and Keynsham.
- There will be revenue protection officers at each end of the journey, please allow time as a valid ticket will be required .
- There will be customer service assistants at all stations throughout the disruption to help with any questions.
For more information download the Network Rail Bath newsletter or visit the Network Rail BANES website.
Our latest travel update looking at the week ahead:
If you know of any travel disruption please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include it in the blog.
A section of the road between Bathwick Hill and Claverton Down Road (Oakley, Copesland and Woodland Place) will be closed Monday 7 March until Friday 1 April to allow for a zebra crossing to be installed.
The council documentation says: "The road will only be restricted as and when traffic signs are in position and may not be effected for the whole of the period but only for so long as is necessary to execute the works."
There is a diversion in place via Widcombe Hill.
Temporary traffic lights will be in place on all three streets, near to the Widcombe Baptist Church mini roundabout. There will also be lights in place on Widcombe Hill on these days.
Friday 26 to Sunday 28 February: Temporary traffic lights will be in place at the bottom of the hill near the mini roundabout, delays likely.
Tuesday 1 to Thursday 3 March: Temporary traffic lights will be in place slightly further up the hill, delays likely.