Find all activities and events planned for February by various teams across University and the SU to mark LGBT History month.
Throughout February: Library's LGBT+ Book Display. It will run for the whole of February in Library's pop-up display area by the newspapers on Level 2 of the Library. All of the books are loanable. Here is the link to the reading list.
4th February - Film screening at the Edge. In celebration of LGBTQ+ Month, The Edge will be hosting a free screening of Pride, an uplifting and moving story based on true events. Book your free ticket here.
15th February - Rainbow Klass - A 'All You Need Is Love' themed Klass event for students. Organized by the LGBT+ Diversity & Support Group in the SU. Find out more here.
20th February: Transgender lives and Higher Education. A free CPD event for all staff and students to explore the lived experience of being transgender and how this relates to higher education. To book a place or find an outline for the day, please visit event page.
20th February: Trans 102. Organized by the LGBT+ Diversity & Support Group in the SU. For both staff and students. To find out more, visit the SU.
22nd February: Drag for RAG - LGBT+ Diversity & Support Group in the SU organises their First Ever Charity Drag Competition for students. To find out more, visit the SU.
24th February: Careers panel for students - LGBT+ theme. Organized by the Careers team and LGBT+ Diversity & Support Group in the SU.
27th February - Speaker - A talk by Cheryl Morgan: 'In the Court of the Rainbow Emperor'. Organized by the LGBT+ Diversity & Support Group in the SU. For staff and students. To find out more, visit the SU.
28th February - LGBT+ Poetry in the Edge - A free poetry event. Organized by the LGBT+ Diversity & Support Group in the SU. For staff and students. To find out more, visit the SU.
How can I show support?
- Posting a Voices and Visibility:Uncovering hidden histories wallchart in your office/Department. The wallchart has been produced by the Forum for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Equality in Further and Higher Education and a group of trade unions in association with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) History Month. The aim has been to produce a resource to support those raising awareness of sexual orientation and gender identity equality and diversity. Centred on the United Kingdom, it highlights important legal milestones and identifies visible and significant contributions made by individuals and groups.
- Visiting Library's LGBT+ Book Display.
- Reading a number of resources Stonewall has put together. These include reports on how to delivering LGBT-inclusive higher education, LGBT workplace stories, Understanding LGBT experiences and more.
- Wearing a rainbow lanyard. The lanyards are a symbol of solidarity, where any member of staff as well as students can show their support for the LGBT+ community and help build an inclusive environment at Bath. ED&I team has given out over 600 University-branded rainbow lanyards to staff and students so far, if you are interested in getting one for yourself or ordering more for your team please reach out to ED&I team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completing a new online training course 'Supporting Transgender Staff and Students' available as part of additional training offering at the University. To find the course, use the search icon to search for the course of interest and enrol. The course name for some users may appear as shortened version of the course title and may show us as 'Transgender' only rather than 'Supporting Transgender Staff and Students'.
- Attending one of the many events staff and student groups have organised (see above).