Students in University accommodation enjoy Christmas dinners thanks to Hospitality team

Posted in: Accommodation, Bars and eateries, Christmas, Students

To spread a little festive cheer around University accommodation, and to give students from overseas the opportunity to experience a traditional British Christmas dinner, our Hospitality team offered a Christmas dinner delivery to students in our city and campus accommodation.

The offer was a popular one, and the team delivered 402 Christmas dinners between 29 November and 4 December!

The options included a traditional roast turkey, or a butternut squash wellington, each with all the trimmings.

Yeam, an MSc student who lives in one of our city centre accommodation buildings, shared these photos of himself and his housemate enjoying their Christmas dinner courtesy of the Hospitality team:

Yeam says "I chose to try out the Christmas meal in the UK as I'm from Malaysia, and this is my first time in a western country. ​The meal was tasty, and I was particularly intrigued by the name 'pig in a blanket'! The gravy was awesome, because it helps to offset the turkey. The portion was really huge too, so I had it over lunch and dinner!"

We're so pleased to be able to bring some seasonal cuisines to our students in University accommodation. Wishing everyone a wonderful winter break, and we look forward to seeing you in 2021!