Another delicious recipe in our Feed four for £5 series, which can be made vegan by swapping out the egg noodles for wheat or rice noodles.
Punnet of mushrooms
1 spring onion
1 clove of garlic
Pinch of ginger
Dash of soy sauce
- Give the mushrooms a quick gentle wash so they don't absorb lots of liquid.
- Slice the mushrooms, then peel and finely slice the onion.
- Slice the peppers, then wash and prepare the spring onions.
- Peel and prepare the carrots.
- Cook the noodles in pre-boiled water as per instructions on the packet.
- Slice the garlic and ginger. Add two tablespoons of cold oil to a frying pan.
- Add the prepared vegetables, noodles and a few dashes of soy sauce to the pan.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.