- Jar of white sauce
- Dried macaroni pasta
- Pot of fresh cream
- 50g mature cheddar cheese
- Store cupboard – seasoning, mustard, and herbs (tarragon works well)
- Cook the macaroni pasta as per the manufacturer’s instructions in boiling salted water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 celcius
- Rinse in cold water to 'refresh' (rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process)
- Add the content of the white sauce jar and add the pot of cream to the pasta
- Mix all the ingredients together including half of the cheese
- Taste and adjust seasoning and add black pepper - adding now mean you will have more taste and use less salt
- Add herbs of your choice
- Add a teaspoon of mustard
- Place in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese
- Oven bake in a preheated oven until golden and bubbling hot.
- This dish can be eaten as a main dish or a side to other meals. Feel free to adjust to your taste with added onions and garlic. Sprinkle with stuffing mix when you add the cheese for added crunch!