Attending OYW as a volunteer

Posted in: Uncategorized

Hi guys!

My name is Emma, I am a Masters student at Bath studying Translation, and I will be attending the One Young World Summit in London as a volunteer. Volunteering at One Young World is a great way to get involved in the conference and an opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes! When I found out that OYW was going to held in London I knew I had to sign up! I knew that attending the summit as a delegate or funding myself wasn't an option, so volunteering has given me the opportunity to really get involved and be part of this amazing organisation as do something good for the community.

Signing up to volunteer was really easy, there was an application form on the website and I just had to write my volunteering history and why I wanted to be part of OYW - and the rest is history! I found out 2 months later that I had been accepted and I then had to choose my availability.

My role as Front of House Volunteer at the Central Hall will put me right at the heart of the conference and I will be helping delegates and leaders alike to find their way and make sure that the days run smoothly. My roles include

• Meeting and greeting delegates
  • Keeping tabs on numbers
  • Keeping the reception and hall tidy and free of obstacles
  • Assist with seating
  • Answer any questions from delegates about the venue and the activities
  • Generally making sure that the week runs smoothly

I have also volunteered to be there on Saturday after the conference has finished so that I can help all of the delegates at the hotels and make sure they know how to get to their required destination.

I am really excited to be in Westminster next week and to be part of this unique experience!

Posted in: Uncategorized