We’re proud to have been a Fairtrade university since 2009, and are dedicated to supporting Fairtrade products through our food, drink and retail outlets on campus.
We loved celebrating all things Fairtrade during Fairtrade Fortnight 2022 and want to thank everyone who participated in the activities and events which took place from 21 February to 06 March.
Here's a round-up of the events and achievements across the University:
- Free Fairtrade hot drinks were given out on the Parade in exchange for completing a Fairtrade quiz.
- lime tree and 4W supported Fairtrade Fortnight by giving out a free sweet treat with every purchase of a Fairtrade Mocha or Hot Chocolate across two days.
- Students were invited to bake-along to a video sent out on Microsoft Teams. Hospitality’s Fairtrade Baking Demonstration included Fairtrade chocolate brownies and banana bread. Recipe cards and ingredients can still be picked up in Fresh.
- Jake from Tony’s Chocolonely gave an insightful talk all about their mission to eradicate illegal child labour and make 100% slave-free chocolate the norm.
- Tony’s Chocolonely, ahs Retail and Bewley’s Tea and Coffee offered product samples on the Parade and raised awareness about the impact of choosing Fairtrade products.
- Students and staff were signposted to the interesting and engaging virtual talks, webinars and debates found on the Fairtrade Foundation’s Virtual Festival.
- AHS visited Westwood nursery and took our youngest campus members on an educational Fairtrade treasure hunt.
- We rounded off the fortnight’s activities with a social media competition. Students were invited to follow the University’s Instagram page @uniofbath and answer the question ‘What percentage of fairtrade farmers produce coffee?’ for the chance of winning a Fairtrade hamper!
Fairtrade Fortnight 2022 might be over but the University’s commitment to using and selling Fairtrade products and purchasing local and responsibly-sourced ingredients continues year-round.