Author: Isaac Anako

Arriving and settling into a new environment is generally expected to be challenging and time-taking, but my experience was quite different. The University of Bath had made arrangements to ensure that my transition was smooth and pleasant. Before I arrived at Bath, the University had prepared a support package for my ten-day quarantine period, which included provision of quarantine accommodation, food and PCR test kits - everything came at no cost. In addition to the interesting virtual sessions organised to keep us engaged during the self-isolation period, I also got the chance to often meet my amazing flatmates at the communal space.

There is a lot of information on the University’s website, enough to keep you informed and adapt quickly to the environment. Taking advantage of these resources facilitated my settling into the university and finding my way around the city, which makes some people wonder if I had been to Bath before now.

Studying here is quite amazing. My interactions with the lecturers and academic team have given me a foretaste of the quality of knowledge and skill I will have acquired by the end of my master’s programme. In addition to the regular physical interactions with them, the online learning platform and resources make it easier to access further support. Knowing that I have unrestricted access to the highly equipped teaching laboratories really thrilled me, in addition to the presence of a standard library facility. There are many things to do on campus, including going to the lake - the sight is beautiful.

Stepping into the city of Bath, you also get the opportunity to see some of the most captivating attractions in the UK. Visiting the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Skyline, gives me a chance to have a breath taking tourist experience. No matter how long you have lived in Bath, you just can’t seem to get enough of it.

Studying at the University of Bath does not just give me a chance to study in one of the highly ranked universities in the UK, but to also live in one of the most beautiful cities - Bath.

Posted in: Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, MSc Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Postgraduate

Find out more about our MSc Robotics and Autonomous Systems