We are excited to be recruiting the following new members for the Kaleidoscope LGBT+ Staff and PGR Group committee: Academic Representative, PGR Representative and Diversity & Inclusivity Officer.
Our committee is warm, friendly, and informal. The time commitment for each role should be no more than 5 hours per month, and hopefully be a lot of fun!
If you are interested in one of the below roles, please email email@example.com with any questions, and we can arrange to have a Teams call with Co-chairs Sophie and Thomas to chat!
We are looking for an academic staff member to join our committee to represent the interests of academics within Kaleidoscope and in the wider community. You would be responsible for:
- Acting as a voice for academic staff on the committee.
- Engaging with academics within the university who research LGBT+ topics.
- Keeping up-to-date with academic events with an LGBT+ focus within the UK and beyond and share with the committee.
- Organising one academic-focused event per term (e.g. a seminar, research talk, or conference).
We are looking for a PGR student to join our committee to represent the interests of PGR students within Kaleidoscope and in the wider community. You would be responsible for:
- Representing other PGR students who identify as LGBT+ on committee, at Kaleidoscope events, and at university events.
- Helping to plan and host PGR-only events.
- Actively encouraging PGR students to join the group and attend events.
- Liaising with the Postgraduate and Mature Student representative of the SU’s LGBT+ Diversity and Support group.
- Getting involved with Doctoral College Events, such as induction events for new PGR students.
Diversity & Inclusivity Officer
For this new role we are looking for someone who can champion diversity within the LGBT+ community, and encourage an open and inclusive environment for individuals from diverse backgrounds. Read the full role description here: Diversity and Inclusivity Officer.