January has seen the project move forward considerably:
- Large areas of the building are now boarded and plastered.
- Raised access flooring has been laid up to level 5 in the West section.
- The East exhibition space has been fully boarded, plastered and first coated.
- Underfloor heating systems have been installed.
- External feature windows on the North elevation have been installed.
- Windows across the full South Elevation have been installed.
- Dry lining can now continue without the fear of water damage.
- Installation of cladding panels has started.
- The Energy Centre external path has been completed. The pathway has been constructed at a 1 in 20 gradient with resting stations for wheelchair access.
Health & Safety
There have been no injuries or accidents on site.
Did you know...?
Bouygues currently employ two Masters of Civil and Structural Engineering on the 4ES project, showing the opportunities for students to progress into industry.