Last week, TEL relaunched the Moodle Guides support page, making relevant content easier to find, building on our Moodle FAQs and creating new “how-to” screencasts. This was also followed with a TEL Q&A drop-in on Friday.
Listed below were five most popular Moodle topics and resources, following input from colleagues across the University and from the Q&A session:
- Moodle Essential Unit Area will begin to appear on all Moodle units to help students consistently find key unit information. Please read the guidance on setting this up and see our FAQs.
- Structuring Moodle Courses: this screencast models how to start adapting an existing course to be consistent and well scaffolded (key elements of the Bath Blend).
- Group management included setting up groups in Moodle and also ideas for other tools for group work online.
- Blackboard Ally to help support staff see what content is accessible and how to improve it, while at the same time allowing students to download alternative formats.
- General course management such as moving activities between courses, housekeeping to prepare existing courses for next year and even how to recover accidentally deleted activities.