During September, there are several ways to access training, advice and guidance from the Technology Enhanced Learning team, to help you as you prepare for Semester.
Dates for the diary - new tools and features
Book now for the following sessions, which focus on getting familiar with new tools or new features following recent upgrades.
What's new in Moodle 3.11?
Tuesday 20 September 15:15 - 15:45
An overview of new features in Moodle 3.11 following the summer upgrade.
Find out more or register to join the session.
Getting started with Mentimeter
Thursday 22 September 14:15 – 15:15
An introduction to the University’s new polling tool. The session will cover how to create polls, how the various question types work, and what the presentation looks like from the student’s view.
Register to join the session.
Help when you need it
To make sure you can access training, advice and guidance at a time that suits you, you can access support in the following ways:
- Our self-paced resources cover a range of topics including Moodle Essentials, Moodle Housekeeping, Re:View (Panopto) Essentials, Moodle Assignment Set up and Moodle Assignment Grading. They provide structured learning resources to help you get familiar with core learning technologies. They are ideal for new staff or if you want a refresher on a topic
- You can work through them in your own time. Each resource takes around 1 hour to complete, with a quiz to check your learning and a certificate of completion available.
- If you have a group of colleagues (e.g. in a programme team or Department) with similar training needs, you can ask to book a tailored session. See our list of examples on request workshops and follow the link to make a request (with three weeks’ notice)
- If you have a specific query and would like to talk through it with a member of the TEL team, you can book a thirty minute one-to-one session with a member of the team (online meeting). We will have extra sessions available from 19th - 30th September to help with pre-semester preparation
- Don’t forget you can find guidance and answers to Frequently Asked Questions for all our core learning technologies on the CLT Hub
- If you have a specific query, you can email the team via email@example.com. Don't forget to include a link to your Moodle page or to the resource or activity, and a screenshot if appropriate, so we can help as promptly as possible
If you have any queries or suggestions about these workshops and training opportunities, please do get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org